AT1 Carousel Testing System for Flexible Materials
The Instron® AT1 Carousel Automated Testing System utilizes an innovative technique for automatically conveying test specimens from a carousel storage rack to the test area and then on to a specimen removal station. Thin films and other flexible or ‘flimsy’ materials, ranging from delicate individual fibers to tough geotextiles are seamlessly transferred through the system. The entire system consists of a simple linear specimen feeding system, a rotating carousel specimen storage rack, a universal testing frame and a low noise industrial vacuum, which provides an effective means of removing tested specimens.
Carousel storage racks may hold up to 50 specimens but may vary depending on sample size and geometry. Multiple carousels may be supplied with each system, allowing operators to pre-load carousels while the system is running. This allows operators to quickly install a loaded carousel into the system after the preceding carousel is empty, supporting high throughput and efficiency within the lab. The Automated Carousel Testing System is a cost-effective and reliable solution for automating the specimen handling of some of the most challenging sample types in tension tests, tear tests, as well as t-peel tests.
Improve Efficiency and Increase Throughput of Your Lab
- Removable carousel allows for preloading of specimens, saving time and increasing throughput
- Consistent specimen loading and testing improves repeatability and reproducibility of results by minimizing human error
- Specially designed carousels accommodate a variety of flexible samples
- Carousel system conveniently bolts onto standard 5960 dual column table top frames
- Overall costs are lower due to a reduction in both training and injury-related expenses
- Operators are available to work on more value-added activities
- Compact design with a footprint slightly larger than a manual test frame
The Instron® Automated Carousel feeding system is a new approach to handling test specimens. The primary components of the system include a linear feeding system, a rotating specimen storage rack, and a universal testing instrument. The carousel system is ideal for flexible materials, including thin films and flexible tubing. The handling system is a modular unit that conveniently bolts onto a standard 5960 dual column testing system.
- 401.7 KB